How to Install for Pack R4, R4i, R4i R4i XL and 3DS
Choose the installation guide that you need and follow all the steps in it.
Steps on Installing the R4 DS Revolution V2 (Black Box)
- 1. Insert the memory card into the memory card reader with a USB key provided as one of the items in Pack R4.
- 2. Insert it to the computer in one of its USB ports
- 3. Have the memory card formatted.
Note: Click on “Start” at your computer screen’s bottom left corner then click on “My Computer” to open it. Right click on the memory card and choose “Format.”
- 4. Choose “FAT 32” and click on “Quick format” then “Start.”
- 5. Make sure to find the latest R4 and download it.
- 6. Right click on the file and click on “Extract.”
Note: The extraction of the files needs winzip or winrar software.
(There should be four items in the file: moonshl, system, DS_MENU.DAT, and DS_MSHL.SYS)
- 7. Copy all these items.
Note: Click and drag all four items to select them then right click on them and select “Copy.”
- 8. Copy the files to the memory card.
Note: Right click on the memory card and click on “Paste.”
Wait until all the files are copied.
- 9. Eject the memory card from your computer and insert it to your R4 DS V2, just like in the photo.
Q: Do I need to update my device?
A: Do not update your 3DS or DSi before you have checked if the flash cards are compatible with the updates. There is a possibility that the updates may stop the flashcarts from working. It would be better if you activate parental controls in the devices used by your kids in case they accidentally update these devices. The controls can block the update.
After checking the compatibility of the flash cards with the updated devices, you can initiate the update process.